Join our membership community
Take part in creating a Buddhist culture. Become a member of the Buddhist Film Festival 2019.
The Buddhist Film Festival Europe (BFFE) is a unique showcase for films and projects, panels and art that highlights the Buddhist culture of training in non-violence and altruism. For more than ten years, we have contributed with films and speakers to the growth of mindfulness, aiming at the creation of a more compassionate society.
Your donations continue to make it possible for us to bring the works of courageous filmmakers to you, and our ever-widening audience.
We invite all of you to help these filmmakers share their stories.
The Buddhist Film Festival is independent and is not subsidised. It relies for its continuation on your generosity.
Support us and become a member!
There are four options for donating and becoming a member:
a) BFFE 2019 Festival member – 15 euros: The first 50 members get free access to the opening film;
b) BFFE 2019 Festival member plus – 50 euros: Free access to the opening film and the special event;
c) BFFE 2019 Festival donor – 100 euros: Free access to the opening film and special event for two people;
d) BFFE 2019 Festival donor plus – 250 euros and more: Your donation is deductible from your taxes and you have free access to the opening film and the special event for two people, plus, if desired, a special mention on the website and/or screen.
Get a glimpse of the 2019 program here.
Please transfer your amount to bank account number:
NL69 INGB 0664 1214 03 in the name of:
Stichting IBBF Europe, Amsterdam
To be able to give you the benefits of membership (free tickets etc.), we must be able to connect your name and address to your IBAN. We therefore ask you to send an email to BFFEleden@gmail.com with:
– Your first and last name,
– your address and place of residence,
– the IBAN of the account that you used to donate,
– the amount you donate.
Donors above € 250 who wish to be eligible for a tax deduction (there is a separate account number for this) can contact BFFE director Babeth VanLoo via BFFEvragen@gmail.com .
About the Festival
Every year the BFFE takes place in the beautiful Eye Filmmuseum, under the direction of Babeth M. VanLoo. During this 14th Buddhist Film Festival, Buddhist values, art and culture are again brought together thru film. To be together around films, panel discussions with experts and the integration of altruistic values in our society are central, including:
– art and culture inspired by Buddhism, such as by the writers and poets of the Beat movement: Allen Ginsberg, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Gary Snyder, Jack Kerouac; and composers such as Laurie Anderson, John Cage, Philip Glass, and Meredith Monk,
– contemporary topics on which Buddhist inspiration can shed a new light, such as youth culture, science, women’s emancipation, mindfulness, dying, climate change, racial equality and compassion,
– documentaries and feature films from a.o. the Netherlands, Myanmar, Tibet, Japan, Mongolia, the United States, Great Britain, Korea, Bhutan, China, Australia, Cambodia, Hungary, and Taiwan,
– important Buddhist teachers from a large range of traditions, that have an impact on society, such as a.o. the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hanh, the 17th Karmapa, Alan Watts, Joan Halifax, Gelek Rinpoche, Bernie Glassman Roshi, Trungpa Rinpoche, Ram Dass and Angel Kyodo Williams.
Examples of previous panel discussions with special guests included:
– Director Mind & Life Europe, Sander Tideman, and various experts on Compassionate Economy,
– Zen teacher Angel Kyodo Williams, neurologist James R. Doty, philosopher Henk Oosterling on empathy,
– Princess Irene, astronaut Andre Kuipers, philosopher / author Bas Haring on Dialogue with Nature.
View the archive to get an impression of the previous festivals.
For questions and remarks please contact us at BFFEvragen@gmail.com .
Thank you very much!
1011 HZ Amsterdam
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Share this with your friends